Saturday, February 17, 2007

On the Web

Well I've started to make the limoncello, and I'm getting together the gear I'll need to start up homebrewing. That is I'm going through my old gear, throwing stuff out and replacing things as need be. Also, I'm acquiring a few new things. And, of course, I'm blogging it, using the blog to store my brew logs. I'd also like to store recipes on-line and keep track of them via the web.

This has led to an expanded education on computer systems. I'd like to store the recipes, in BeerXML format, on my own web space provided by Earthlink. This has turned out to be difficult because when I put my recipes on the web site in XML format, Firefox sees them as pure text files, has no idea they are XML. This, it turns out, is because the server has to be configured to report that the MIME type is either text/xml or better yet application/xml and apparently Earthlink is reporting the MIME type to be text/plain. So I need get Earthlink to change this. This should be fun.

No comments: